Wednesday 15 December 2010

A message from Lisa Boardman


Dear Student,                                                                                       December 2010

I hope you are all well and looking forward to your Christmas and New Year break.

For Redhill students the last session of 2010 is Wednesday, December 22, recommencing on Wednesday, January 5, 2011.

For Leigh students the last training session is Friday, December 17, recommencing on Friday, January 7, 2011.

For Dorking Sports Centre students, the last Saturday session will be December 18, recommencing on Saturday, January 8, 2011.

Given the unavoidable cancellation of the KickboxKarate Christmas Party, we are instead planning two ‘unofficial’ Christmas get togethers.

  • This first is this Friday (December 17) where everyone is welcome to attend the Plough in Leigh for a Christmas drinks get together after the class from 8pm.
  • In Dorking, a Christmas get-together is planned after the session on Thursday, December 23, contact Sean McCarthy (07941 838668) for more details.

Hope to see as many of you at either (or both) events as possible!

*** An official Christmas party is planned for January 2011 – ask Sean for details! ***

2011 Changes

As of January 1, 2011, I will be taking some time out from teaching to travel South America. It’s a once in a lifetime opportunity and an adventure I am very excited about and, as well as exploring the continent, I hope to train at some martial arts clubs and return with some innovative training techniques to share with you all!

While I am away, I will be leaving my classes in the capable hands of fellow KickboxKarate instructor Sean McCarthy, who will be ably assisted by new second dan black belt Laura Fitch.

I will be returning from my travels in April 2011 and I do hope you all continue to support the club, Sean and Laura and carry on with the excellent progress you have all made over the year.

It just leaves me to say thank you to all of you for your support during 2010 and I look forward to seeing you next spring!

Have a fantastic Christmas and a great New Year!!

Yours in martial arts,


Lisa Boardman
KickboxKarate Senior Instructor
07801 442730

No comments:

Post a Comment